H 157, R 22, Mohakhali DOHS, Dhaka- 1206
Represented by: Board members of Change Initiative
Supervisory Authority: Change Initiative Governing Authority
Responsible for the content: Change Initiative Governing committee
Name and contact details of the webmaster
Our responsible person (hereinafter referred to as “web- architect “) in the sense of Art. 4 Zif. 7 DS-GVO is:
Web-architect, Change Initiative
H 157, R 22, Mohakhali DOHS, Dhaka- 1206
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Data types, purposes of processing and categories of affected people
Below we inform you about the nature, scope and purpose of the collection, processing and use of personal data.
- Types of data we process
Usage data (access times, websites visited, etc.), contract data (subject matter of the contract, duration, etc.), communication data (IP address, etc.),
- Purposes of processing according to Art. 13 para. 1 c) DS-GVO
Web site technically and economically optimized, Easy access to the website, contacting third party legal complaints, fulfilment of statutory retention requirements, optimization and statistical evaluation of our services, improve user experience, make website user-friendly, compile statistics, avoid SPAM and misuse, handle contact requests, provide websites with features and content, take measures of security, uninterrupted, secure operation of our website,
- Categories of data subjects according to Art. 13 para. 1 e) DS-GVO
visitors/ users of the website, employees,
The persons concerned are collectively referred to as “users”.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data
Below we inform you about the legal bases of the processing of personal data:
- If we have obtained your consent to the processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a) DS-GMO Legal basis.
- If the processing is necessary to fulfil a contract or to carry out pre-contractual measures, which are carried out at your request, then Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b) DS-GMO Legal basis.
- If the processing is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation that we are subject to (eg statutory retention requirements), then Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c) DS-GMO Legal basis.
- If processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person, Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. d) DS-GMO Legal basis.
- If the processing is necessary for the protection of our or the legitimate interests of a third party and your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms do not predominate in this regard, then Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) DS-GVO Legal basis.
Disclosure of personal data to third parties and processors
Without your consent, we generally do not pass on data to third parties. If this is the case, then the disclosure on the basis of the aforementioned legal basis, for example, in the transfer of data to online payment providers to fulfil the contract or by court order or a legal obligation to disclose the data for the purpose of prosecution, to avoid danger or to enforce intellectual property rights.
We also use processors (external service providers eg for web hosting of our websites and databases) to process your data. If data are passed on to the processor by order processing, this is always done in accordance with Art. 28 of the GDPR. We select our processors carefully, monitor them regularly and have given us the right to give instructions regarding the data. In addition, the processors must have taken appropriate technical and organizational measures and the data protection rules in accordance with Art. Comply with BDSG nF and DS-GVO.
Data transmission to third countries
The adoption of the basic European data protection regulation (DS-GVO) has created a uniform basis for data protection in Europe. Your data will therefore be processed primarily by companies for which DS-GVO applies. If the processing takes place through services of third parties outside the European Union or the European Economic Area, they must fulfil the special requirements of Art. 44 ff. DS-GVO. This means that the processing takes place on the basis of special guarantees, such as the official recognition by the EU Commission of a data protection level corresponding to the EU, or the observance of officially recognized special contractual obligations, the so-called “standard contractual clauses”. In US companies submission to the so-called “Privacy Shield”,
Deletion of data and storage duration
Existence of automated decision-making
We do not use automatic decision making or profiling.
Provision of our website and creation of log files
- If you only use our website for informational purposes (ie no registration and no other transmission of information), we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data:
- IP address;
- Internet service provider of the user;
- Date and time of the call;
- browser type;
- Language and browser version;
- Content of the call;
- time zone;
- access status / HTTP status code;
- amount of data;
- Websites from which the request comes;
- Operating system.
A storage of this data together with other personal data of you does not take place.
- This data is for the purpose of the user-friendly, functional and secure delivery of our website to you with functions and content as well as their optimization and statistical evaluation.
- The legal basis for this is our justifiable interest in the processing of data according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DS-GMO.
- For security reasons, we store this data in server log files for the retention period of days. After this period, they will be automatically deleted, unless we need their storage for evidence in attacks on the server infrastructure or other violations.
- Session cookies: We use so-called cookies to recognize multiple uses of an offer by the same user (eg if you have logged in to determine your login status). When you visit our site again, these cookies provide information to automatically recognize you. The information obtained in this way serves to optimize our offers and to facilitate your access to our site. If you close the browser or log out, the session cookies will be deleted.
- Persistent cookies: These are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. In the security settings of your browser, you can delete the cookies at any time.
- Third party cookies (third party cookies): You can configure your browser setting according to your wishes. B. Reject the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. However, we would like to point out that you may not be able to use all features of this website. Read more about these cookies in the respective third-party privacy policies.
- The legal basis of this processing is Art. 6 para. 1 p. Lit. b) DS-GVO, if the cookies are used to initiate a contract, eg. for orders, and otherwise we have a legitimate interest in the effective functionality of the website, so that in the case of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f) DS-GVO is the legal basis.
- Opposition and opt-out: You can generally prevent the storage of cookies on your hard disk by selecting “Do not accept cookies” in your browser settings. However, this can result in a functional restriction of our offers. You may opt-out of third-party cookies for advertising purposes through this American website ( https://optout.aboutads.info ) or this European website ( http://www.youronlinechoices.com/en /praferenzmanagement / ) contradict.
Settlement of contracts
- We process stock data (eg company, title / academic degree, names and addresses as well as contact data of users, e-mail), contract data (eg services used, names of contact persons) and payment data (eg bank details, payment history) for the purpose of fulfilling our contractual obligations (Knowledge of who is a contractual partner, justification, content design and execution of the contract, verification of the plausibility of the data) and services (eg contacting the customer service) acc. Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b) DS-GVO. The entries marked as obligatory in online forms are required for the conclusion of the contract.
- A transfer of these data to third parties does not take place, unless it is necessary for the prosecution of our claims (eg transfer to lawyer for debt collection) or fulfilment of the contract (eg transfer of data to payment providers) or there is a legal obligation acc. Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. c) DS-GMO.
- We may also process the information you provide to inform you of other interesting products from our portfolio or to send you e-mail with technical information.
- The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of its collection. This is the case for the inventory and contract data when the data for the execution of the contract are no longer required and no claims can be made under the contract, because these are statute-barred (warranty: two years / statutory limitation: three years ). Due to commercial and tax regulations, we are obliged to store your address, payment and order data for a period of ten years. However, at the end of the contract after three years, we limit the processing, ie your data will only be used to comply with legal obligations. Information in the user account remains until its deletion.
Use of our forum
- Prerequisite for the use of the forum is the registration via the corresponding online form. You can read the forum without registration and publish in the case of registration under a pseudonym posts and topics. There is no obvious question. After registering via the online form in the forum, you will receive a confirmation email to verify your data, with which you can confirm your registration with a mouse click (“double opt-in procedure”). With the activation of your account by the person responsible, the gratuitous forum user contract is concluded (conclusion of contract). If you do not confirm your registration with a mouse click, your registration will be deleted within hours.
- When we’ve activated your account, we will, in addition to your login details, save all Forum activity, including your public topics and posts, your profile details, private messages, signature, account wall, and reputation, to the forum, until your sign off to operate. When you post new topics and posts, we save your IP address with the date and time, which we delete after days. The storage serves the legitimate interest of the defense against the use of third parties in the publication of illegal or untrue content by you. We store your e-mail address and name for the purpose of establishing contact in case third parties object to your content legally.
- Legal bases are Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. b) and f) DS-GMO.
- When your forum account is deleted, your forum posts and topics will continue to be visible to all readers and searchable and will be marked as “Guest”. All other data will be deleted. If you also wish to delete your forum posts and topics, you must inform the person in charge via the above contact details before deleting the account. After the deletion of the account an assignment and deletion of the contributions is no longer possible.
Contact by contact form / E-Mail / Fax / Post
- When contacting us via contact form, fax, mail or e-mail your details will be processed for the purpose of processing the contact request.
- Legal basis for the processing of the data is in the presence of a consent of you Art. 6 para. 1 S. 1 lit. a) DS-GMO. The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of a contact request or e-mail, letter or fax is Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f) DS-GMO. The person in charge has a legitimate interest in the processing and storage of the data in order to be able to answer inquiries from users, to secure evidence for liability reasons and, if necessary, to fulfil his statutory retention requirements for business letters. If the contact is aimed at the conclusion of a contract, then additional legal basis for the processing Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b) DS-GMO.
- We can store your details and contact requests in our Customer Relationship Management System (“CRM System”) or a comparable system.
- The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of its collection. For the personal data from the input form of the contact form and those sent by e-mail, this is the case when the conversation with you has ended. The conversation ends when it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts are finally clarified. Requests from users who have an account or contract with us, we save until the expiration of two years after the contract termination. In the case of legal archiving obligations, the deletion takes place after its expiry: end of commercial law (6 years) and tax law (10 years) retention obligation.
- At any time, you have the option of obtaining consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a) to revoke the GDPR for the processing of personal data. If you contact us by e-mail, you can object to the storage of personal data at any time.
- You can subscribe to our newsletter with your voluntary consent by entering your e-mail address. Only this is mandatory. The specification of further data is voluntary and serves only for the purpose of a personal address. We use the so-called “double opt-in procedure” for registration. After your registration with your e-mail, you will receive an e-mail from us confirming your registration with a link to the confirmation. If you click on this confirmation link, your e-mail will be included in the newsletter mailing list and saved for the purpose of sending e-mails. If you do not click on the confirmation link within hours, your credentials will be blocked and automatically deleted after days.
- In addition, we log your IP address used during login as well as the date and time of the double opt-in (login and confirmation). The purpose of this storage is fulfilment of legal requirements regarding the proof of your registration as well as the prevention of misuse regarding your e-mail.
As part of your declaration of consent, the content (eg advertised products / services, offers, advertising and topics) of the newsletter will be described concretely.
- When sending the newsletter, we evaluate your user behaviour. The newsletters contain so-called “web beacons” or “tracking pixels”, which are called up when the newsletter is opened. For the evaluations, we link the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID. Also in the newsletter received links contain this ID. The data are collected exclusively pseudonymised, so the IDs are not linked with your other personal data, a direct personal reference is excluded. With this data, we can determine if and when you have opened the newsletter and which links in the newsletter have been clicked. This serves the purpose of optimization and statistical evaluation of our newsletter.
- We use the above data to create a user profile to identify the reading habits and interests of our users and to customize the newsletter. If you have also acted on our website, we will also link this information to tailor our newsletter content to your interests.
Legal basis for the newsletter, success measurement and the storage of the e-mail is your consent acc. Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a) DS-GVO in conjunction with § 7 (2) No. 3 UWG and for the recording of consent Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f) DS-GVO, as this serves our legitimate interest of legal proof.
- You can object to the tracking at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of the newsletter. In this case, however, the newsletter reception would also be terminated. If you disable the display of images in your e-mail software, tracking is also not possible. However, this may have limitations in terms of the features of the newsletter, and included images will not be displayed.
- You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time. You can exercise the cancellation by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of the newsletter, by e-mail or by sending an email to our above contact details. We save your data as long as you have subscribed to the newsletter. After logging off, your data will only be stored anonymously for statistical purposes.
Facebook Custom Audiences
- We use the “Custom Audiences” remarketing feature of Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA, or if you are located in the EU, Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland. Facebook has submitted to the Privacy Shield Agreement ( https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US Framework ).
- If you visit the social network Facebook or other websites that use this remarketing feature, your interest-based ads (“Facebook Ads”) may be displayed. We use the remarketing feature to optimize and operate our site and to show you advertisements that interest you and to make our site more user-friendly.
When you visit our website, your browser connects to the Facebook servers. Which data is transmitted exactly to Facebook, eludes our knowledge. But Facebook receives the information that you have called up or clicked on a corresponding ad. If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can assign this information to your account.
- The legal basis for this is our justifiable interest in the processing of data according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DS-GMO.
- Deactivating the function “Facebook Custom Audiences” is possible for non-logged-in users and for logged-in users under this link: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab = ads # .
- For more information about data processing through Facebook, please visit https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
We have integrated the Google Analytics web site analytics tool (Google Ireland Limited, register no .: 368047, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland) on our website.
- When visiting our website Google places a cookie on your computer in order to be able to analyse the use of our website by you. The data obtained is transferred to the USA and stored there. If personal information should be transferred to the US, Google’s certification under the Privacy Shield Agreement ( https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US Framework ) is a guarantee of compliance with European data protection law.
- We have activated the IP anonymization “anonymizeIP”, which means that the IP addresses are only processed in shortened form. Google’s IP address on this website is therefore shortened beforehand within member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the controller. We also enabled cross-device analysis of site visitors, which is carried out via a so-called user ID. The IP address provided by Google Analytics as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google information. The use of Google Analytics is for the purpose of analysing, optimizing and improving our website.
- The legal basis for this is our justifiable interest in the processing of data according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DS-GMO.
- The data sent by us and linked to cookies, user IDs (eg user IDs) or advertising IDs will be automatically deleted after months. The deletion of data whose retention period has been reached is done automatically once a month.
- Opposition and opt-out: You can generally prevent the storage of cookies on your hard disk by selecting “Do not accept cookies” in your browser settings. However, this can result in a functional restriction of our offers. You may also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website to Google and the processing of such data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http: / /tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- As an alternative to the above browser plug-in, you can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking [insert the Analytics Opt-Out link of your website] . The click will set an “opt-out” cookie, which will prevent the collection of your data when visiting this website in the future. This cookie is only valid for our website and your current browser and is only valid until you delete your cookies. In that case you would have to set the cookie again.
You can turn off cross-device user analytics in your Google Account under My Data> Personal Information.
Jetpack (formerly: WordPress.com stats)
- This data is collected and stored for the purpose of marketing, analysing and optimizing our website.
You can object to data collection and storage at any time free of charge with future effect. You can refuse or prevent the installation of cookies in several ways:
You can prevent the cookies in your browser by the setting “do not accept cookies” , which also includes third-party cookies;
For more information about preventing cookies, see “Cookies” above.
- We have integrated YouTube videos from youtube.com on our website using the embedded function, so that they can be accessed directly on our website. YouTube is owned by Google Ireland Limited, register no .: 368047, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland. We have integrated the videos into the so-called “extended privacy mode” without cookies being used to personalize the video playback. Instead, the video recommendations are based on the currently playing video. Videos played in enhanced privacy mode in an embedded player will not affect which videos are recommended to you on YouTube. At the start of a video (click on the video), YouTube will receive the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website , The data obtained is transferred to the USA and stored there. This is also done without a user account at Google. If you are logged in to your Google Account, Google may associate the above information with your account. If you do not want this, you will need to log out of your Google Account. Google creates user profiles from such data and uses this data for the purpose of advertising, market research or optimization of its websites.
Google is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield (https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US framework ) and therefore required to comply with European data protection law.
- We have integrated maps from Google Maps (Google Ireland Limited, register no .: 368047, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland) on our website. This will allow us to display the location of addresses and directions directly on our website in interactive maps and to enable you to use this tool.
- When we visit our website, where Google Maps is integrated, we connect to Google’s servers in the United States. Here, your IP and location can be transferred to Google. In addition, Google receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding page. This is also done without a user account at Google. If you are logged in to your Google Account, Google may associate the above information with your account. If you do not want this, you will need to log out of your Google Account. Google creates user profiles from such data and uses this data for the purpose of advertising, market research or optimization of its websites.
- Google is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield ( https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US framework ) and therefore required to comply with European data protection law.
Presence in social media
- We process your information that you send to us through these networks in order to communicate with you and to respond to your messages there.
- The legal basis for the processing of personal data is our legitimate interest in communicating with users and our external presentation for the purpose of advertising pursuant to Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. f) DS-GMO. Insofar as you have given consent to the person responsible for the social network in the processing of your personal data, the legal basis is Art. 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. a) and Art. 7 DS-BER.
Social media plug-ins
- We use social media social media plug-ins on our website. We use the so-called “two-click solution” Hariff of c’t or heise.de. The retrieval of our website will not result in any personal data transmitted to the providers of the plug-ins. Next to the social network logo or brand, you’ll find a slider that lets you activate the plug-in with a click. After activation, the social networking provider receives the information that you have accessed our website and your personal information is transmitted to the provider of the plug-in and stored there. These are so-called third party cookies. For some providers, such as Facebook and XING, their IP will be anonymized immediately after collection.
- The data collected about the user stores the plug-in provider as usage profiles. These are used for purposes of advertising, market research and / or customization of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) for the purpose of displaying demand-oriented advertising and to inform other users of the social network about the activities of the user on our website. The user is entitled to a right of objection to the formation of these user profiles, whereby one must turn to the exercise of this right to the respective plug-in provider.
- The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is our legitimate interest in improving and optimizing our website by increasing our awareness through social networks and the possibility of interacting with you and the users via social networks in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DS-GMO.
- We have no influence on the collected data and data processing operations. Nor are we aware of the scope of the data collection, the purpose of the processing and the retention periods. We also have no information to delete the data collected by the plug-in provider.
We refer to the respective privacy policies of the social networks regarding the purpose and scope of data collection and processing. In addition, you will also find information about your rights and options for the protection of your personal data.
- We have social network plug-ins on our website Facebook.com (based in the EU: Facebook Ireland Ltd., 4 Grand Canal Square, Grand Canal Harbor, Dublin 2, Ireland) as part of the so-called “two-click solution “These are recognized by the Facebook logo” f “or the addition” Like “,” Like “or” Share “.
- As soon as you deliberately activate the Facebook plug-in, a connection is made from your browser to the Facebook servers. At the same time, Facebook receives the information, including your IP, that you have accessed our website and transmits this information to Facebook servers in the USA, where this information is stored. If you are logged into your account on Facebook, Facebook can assign this information to your account. When using the functions of the plug-in, eg pressing the “Like” button, this information will also be transmitted from your browser to the Facebook servers in the US and stored there and displayed in your Facebook profile and possibly your friends.
If you log out of Facebook before visiting our website and delete your cookies, no information about your visit to our website will be associated with your profile on Facebook when activating the plug-in.
- You can also prevent the Facebook plug-in from being downloaded by so-called “Facebook Blockers”, which you can install as an add-on for your browser: Facebook Blocker for Firefox , Chrome and Opera or 1blocker for Safari, iPad and iPhone.
- Facebook has submitted to the Privacy Shield, ensuring that European data protection law is respected: https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US Framework .
Data protection in applications and in the application process
- Applications sent electronically or by post to the person in charge will be processed electronically or manually for the purpose of processing the application process.
- We expressly point out that application documents with “special categories of personal data” according to Art. 9 DS-GVO (eg a photo, which gives an indication of your ethnic origin, religion or your marital status), with the exception of any severe disability, which you wanting to disclose a free decision are undesirable. You should submit your application without this data. This does not affect your candidate chances.
- Legal bases for processing are Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b) DS-GVO and § 26 BDSG nF
If, after completing the application process, an employment relationship with the applicant is received, the applicant data will be stored in compliance with relevant data protection legislation. If no job is offered to you after completing the application process, your application letter and documents will be deleted 6 months after the cancellation has been sent in order to be able to satisfy any claims and proof obligations according to AGG.
Rights of the data subject
Objection or revocation against the processing of your data
Insofar as the processing is subject to your consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a), Art. 7 DS-GVO, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time. The lawfulness of the processing on the basis of the consent until the revocation is not affected.
As far as we have the processing of your personal data on the balance of interests in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) support DS-GMO, you can object to the processing. This is the case if, in particular, the processing is not required to fulfil a contract with you, which we present in each case in the following description of the functions. In the event of any such disagreement, we ask you to explain the reasons why we should not process your personal data as we have done. In the case of your justified objection, we will examine the situation and will either discontinue or adapt the data processing or point out to you our compelling legitimate reasons on which we continue the processing.
You may object to the processing of your personal data for advertising and data analysis purposes at any time. The right to object can be exercised free of charge. You can inform us about your advertising conflict at this link: https://dev2.changei.org/wp/contact/.
Right to information
You have the right to ask us for confirmation of the processing of your personal data. If this is the case, you have a right to information about your personal data stored by us according to Art. 15 DS-GVO. This includes, in particular, information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data was or is being disclosed, the planned retention period, the source of their data, unless collected directly from you.
Right to rectification
You have the right to correct incorrect or correct data according to Art. 16 GDPR.
Right to cancellation
You have the right to delete your stored data according to Art. 17 DS-GVO, unless legal or contractual retention periods or other statutory obligations or rights to further storage conflict with this.
Right to restriction
You have the right to demand a restriction on the processing of your personal data if one of the conditions set out in Article 18 (1) lit. a) to d) DS-GVO is fulfilled:
- If you deny the accuracy of your personal information for a period of time that enables the controller to verify the accuracy of your personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you refuse to delete the personal data and instead request the restriction of the use of personal data;
- the person responsible no longer needs personal data for the purposes of processing, but you need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- if you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 DS-GVO and still It is not known whether the legitimate reasons of the person responsible outweigh your reasons.
Right to data portability
You have the right of data transferability under Art. 20 DS-GVO, which means that you may receive the personal data stored about us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or you may request the transfer to another person responsible.
Right to appeal
You have a right to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority for this purpose, in particular in the Member State of your place of residence, your job or the location of the alleged infringement.
In order to protect all personally identifiable information transmitted to us and to ensure compliance with our privacy practices, as well as our external service providers, we have taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures. Therefore, among other things, all data between your browser and our server encrypted over a secure SSL connection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.